Board of Health News:
FLU VACCCINE CLINIC DEC. 9
The Topsfield Board of Health will be offering a Flu Vaccine Clinic for adults 18 and over Thursday, December 9 from 2 - 3:30 PM in the Public Hall at Town Hall, 8 West Common Street.
Registration is required. Register at https://home.color.com/vaccine/register/topsfield
During the current pandemic, isolation of certain individuals will be necessary according to the CDC and MDPH. If that is the case, individuals will be contacted by Topsfield's Public Health Nurse, Joan Fitzpatrick RN of VNA Care. 1-888-663-3688.
For the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19, visit the COVID-19 information page.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand gel.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or into the inside of your elbow if you don’t have a tissue. Throw tissues away and wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands so germs do not enter your body. If you must touch your face, use a tissue and always wash your hands after touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Use household cleaners to clean frequently touched surfaces, like doorknobs, light switches, toys, and phones.
- Avoid physical contact with people who are sick. Stay at least 6 feet from others - practice social distancing and wear face coverings indoors and outdoors when social distancing isn't an option..
- Stay healthy by staying hydrated, being rested and eating balanced meals.
Questions/Concerns please contact the Topsfield Board of Health Agent, Wendy Hansbury, at 978-887-1520 or email@example.com
Weekly testing of mosquito pools has concluded for 2021.
For more information and tips on preventing exposure to mosquitos, please visit our Mosquito and Tick web page.
For information on EEE, click here.
For information on WNV, click here.
Description and Duties
The Board of Health is composed of 5 members who are appointed by the Board of Selectman. Local boards of health in Massachusetts are required by state statutes and regulations to perform many important and crucial duties relative to the protection of public health, the control of disease, the promotion of sanitary living conditions and the protection of the environment from damage and pollution. These requirements reflect the legislature’s understanding that many critical health problems are best handled by the involvement of local community officials familiar with local conditions. The Board of Health also works closely with other community groups to provide health information and services to the citizens of Topsfield. The links below lead to further information about the activities of the Board of Health.
8 West Common Street, Topsfield, MA 01983
Phone: (978) 887-1520
Fax: (978) 887-1502
|Sheryl Knutsen RN||Chair|
|William Hunt Esq.||Member|
|Ellen Eaton RN||Member|