Topsfield Town Clerk
- Mary Elizabeth Willis, Assistant Town Clerk
- Paula M. Burke,, Town Warden
- Frederick J. Glatz, Town Constable
Ann D. Gill, Town Clerk
Topsfield Town Hall
8 West Common Street
Topsfield, MA 01983
Phone: (978) 887-1505
Fax: (978) 887-1502
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday - Thursday: 8 AM - 4 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 12 PM
The Town Clerk is an appointed official who is the custodian of most official and non-financial records. These include all vital statistics, vital records, and minutes of all regular and special town meetings. The Town Clerk organizes, supervises, and reports all elections, registers voters, and maintains the lists of voters and residents. Marriage and dog licenses are issued from this office. Decisions of the Planning and Appeals boards, deeds of the town, and other official documents are recorded here.
Elections and Voter Registration Information:
To register to vote, you must be:
- A U.S. Citizen
- A Massachusetts resident
- Be at least 18 years old on or before the next election
- NEW August 2016 - Pre-registration for 16 and 17 years(use same form)
- Voter Registration Form
HOW TO VOTE IN MASSACHUSETTS:
State Election - Tuesday, November 8, 2016
Last day to register to vote: October 19, 2016
To see if you are registered, visit this website:
If you are not registered or want to make changes, you can do so online at:
Please note - there is a new political party in Massachusetts called the "United Independent Party." You can visit their website:http://www.unitedindependent.org/ If you are registered in this party you may only participate in that party's primary in September. "United Independent" is a party and has a defined platform. If you do not wish to be enrolled in any party, formally known as 'independent,' please ensure you are registered as "unenrolled."
All elections are held at St. Rose Church Hall 12 Park St. 7:00 A.M. - 8:00 P.M. The Annual Town Election is held on the Thursday after the first Tuesday of May.
September 8, 2016 State Primary
November 8, 2016 Presidential / State Election
Topsfield holds all town meetings at the Proctor School, Woodbury Auditorium. The Annual Town Meeting is held on the first Tuesday of May at 7:00 P.M.
All Town election and Town Meeting records are available through the Office of Town Clerk.
Ethics and Conflict of Interest for Municipal Employees & Volunteers
- Important information for Topsfield Town Employees/Volunteers Regarding Ethics
Information on Open Meeting Law
- Nomination papers for the Annual Town Election will be available the 1st Monday in February.
- Topsfield's Campaign Sign Guidelines
- Campaign Finance information can be found at the following site: Office of Campaign and Political Finance
- Campaign Finance Reports posted in accordance with M.G.L. Chap. 55 Sec. 26 can be found here.